Congrats, you snatched a job interview! Use this handy cheat sheet to best prepare you for the call.
Practical tips & tricks:
- Test mic & video upfront
- Make sure you’re in a quiet place
- Research the company and the role
- Prepare your 30 sec elevator pitch (stick with the basics and try to highlight any relevant experience e.g board, internship, volunteering, hobbies, project or why you applied for example)
- Focus on how you will add value to the company instead of why you want the position
- Answer questions clearly and concisely. The STAR method is a great way to answer behavioral questions.
- Don't oversell nor undersell yourself - be comfortable and remind yourself why you applied
Nailing the #1 question: "Tell me about yourself" (you wanna nail this one)
- Give an informal introduction (name, studies)
- Talk about quantifiable achievements
- Unique personal info is always great, e.g. you're on a volleyball team
- Explain why you're interested in this opportunity and your added value
Expect to be asked questions such as:
- Do you have any experience that would help you with this job?
- Why did you apply?
- For marketing jobs: Did you look at our social media and what would you do better?
- For sales jobs: How would you approach a potential customer?
Questions you can ask the company (make sure to ask at least one):
- How would you measure my success?
- What are your expectations of me and what can I expect from you?
- What are your goals with this?
Remember, you got this interview because your profile and proposal caught the company’s interest. Now it’s up to you to take this opportunity and turn the company into your client. Someone from the Minite team will also be present during your interview to facilitate, so you're not on your own. You got this, and we got you!
Good luck and happy High-Flying!