We're the #1 marketplace for freelance student talent in the Netherlands, and we're growing lightning fast.
To support our growth, we are looking for a hybrid Product Owner and Quality Assurance (QA) engineer to develop and execute exploratory and automated tests to ensure product quality.
QA engineer responsibilities include designing and implementing tests, debugging and defining corrective actions. You will also review system requirements and track quality assurance metrics (e.g. defect densities and open defect counts.)
The QA technician role plays an important part in our company’s product development process. Our ideal candidate will be responsible for conducting tests before product launches to ensure software runs smoothly and meets our user needs, while being cost-effective. If you hold an engineering background and enjoy providing end-to-end solutions to software quality problems, we’d like to meet you. Ultimately, you should monitor all stages of software development to identify and resolve system malfunctions to meet quality standards.
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs
- Monitor debugging process results
- Investigate the causes of non-conforming software and train users to implement solutions
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
- Manage developers and lead daily standups
- Oversee sprints and progress
- Create, assign and oversee user stories and their development
- As product owner, you also bridge the gap between product strategy and development. You are responsible for the product backlog, organizing sprints, and are expected to answer questions from developers as needed.
- Develop and communicate the product goal, create and clearly communicate product backlog items, and order the backlog to maximize business value.
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience in software development & quality assurance
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus
- Experience with JIRA is a plus
- Preferred: BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject